Change the contents by clicking the toggle American Dollar Trees can be found in most S as of the end of the year 2020  Organization: Dollar Tree, Inc. , an American discount department store with multiple price points It is a Fortune 500 company with headquarters in
Change the contents by clicking the toggle
Organization: Dollar Tree, Inc. , an American discount department store with multiple price points It is a Fortune 500 company with headquarters in Chesapeake, Virginia and 15,115 retail outlets spread across the 48 contiguous states. S regions, including the United States and Canada A total of 24 distribution centers across the country support its retail outlets. The company also runs a dollar store chain known as Dollar Bills and a discount variety store chain known as Family Dollar.
Dollar Tree is a competitor in the dollar store and low-end retail sectors. Products from well-known companies as well as local and in-house labels can be found at local Dollar Trees. Health and beauty, food and snacks, party, seasonal décor, housewares, glassware, dinnerware, household cleaning supplies, candy, toys, gifts, gift bags and wrap, stationary, craft supplies, teaching supplies, automobile accessories, electronics, pet supplies, and books are just some of the departments you can find at Dollar Tree. Milk, eggs, pizza, ice cream, frozen dinners, and pre-made baked goods are just some of the frozen and dairy items that can be found in most Dollar Tree stores. The company started accepting manufacturer coupons at all stores in August 2012. 
While the South and Northeast account for the bulk of their store locations, you can find them all over the country.
History [ edit ]
The Beginnings [ edit ]
In 1953, K R In Norfolk, Virginia, Perry established a Ben Franklin variety store that eventually evolved into what is now known as K&K 5&10.
In 1970, K R K&K Toys was founded in Norfolk, Virginia by Perry, Doug Perry, and Macon Brock. A total of more than 130 stores on the East Coast adopted this mall model. 
Only $1 was founded in 1986 by retail veterans Doug Perry, Macon Brock, and Ray Compton. 00 with 5 locations, including 1 in GA, 1 in TN, and 3 in VA. Along with K&K Toys, dollar stores have proliferated, especially in shopping malls with roofs. 
It all started at the Jessamine Mall in Sumter, South Carolina on April 27, 1989, when the first "Dollar Tree" store opened under the brand.  In an ad published in the Sun-News in May 1989, the startup chain, which was apparently already planning 100 stores in the eastern United States, promotes its dollar-pricing model as the "hottest new shopping concept in America." 
After selling its K&K stores to KB Toys, owned by Melville Corporation in 1991, the company decided to concentrate solely on expanding its dollar store chain. 
1990s [ edit ]
The Only $1 Store first opened in 1993. In preparation for a possible multi-price-point strategy in the future, 00 rebranded as Dollar Tree Stores, and a private equity firm, SKM partners, acquired a stake in the company. 
The inspiration for Dollar Tree came from a failed retailer called Everything's A Dollar, which was founded by Brock and his business partners in the 1990s. 
Dollar Tree, Inc. was founded on March 6, 1995. started trading on the NASDAQ at $15 per share, with an initial market cap of $225 million. citation neededThere is a lack of citation for this section.
To better serve its customers, Dollar Tree purchased Dollar Bill$, Inc. in 1996. has 136 locations and is headquartered in Chicago.
Both the company's first distribution center and its new store support center were established in Chesapeake, Virginia, in 1997.
Dollar Tree purchased California's 98-Cent Clearance Centers in 1998. citation needed(Citation required)
Dollar Tree bought the New York-based Only $One chain in 1999. A second distribution center for the firm was established in Olive Branch, Mississippi, in  that very year.
2000s [ edit ]
Dollar Express, based in Philadelphia, was acquired by Dollar Tree in 2000, the same year that Dollar Tree opened a new distribution center in Stockton, California. The company expanded its distribution network in 2001 with the opening of facilities in both Savannah, Georgia, and Briar Creek, Pennsylvania. The Dollar Tree company bought Greenbacks, Inc. of Salt Lake City, Utah, in 2003.  , and launched a brand-new warehouse in Marietta, Oklahoma 
Dollar Tree's first store opened in North Dakota in 2004, and by the end of that year, the company was doing business in all 48 contiguous states. Both in Joliet, Illinois, and Ridgefield, Washington, the company has set up new distribution centers. 
As of 2006, Dollar Tree had been selling items for $1 for 20 years. at the 00 mark, opened its 3000th location, and bought out 138 of SUPERVALU INC.'s DEAL$ stores 
It was in 2007 that Dollar Tree broke the $4 billion sales barrier and began expanding its Briar Creek Distribution Center. Dollar Tree entered the Fortune 500 list that year . The company bought a distribution center in San Bernardino, California, and opened a store there by the end of 2009. 
Dollar Tree launched a brand-new e-commerce platform and updated their website that same year. DollarTree DollarTree.com is a wholesaler that provides customers with access to Dollar Tree's vast selection of products at lower prices. In addition to promoting in-store events, specials, seasonal promotions, and featured products, users can also look up company information, find the nearest store, and check the latest product recalls on the site. Also new to the Dollar Tree website are customer reviews, ratings, and testimonials.
2010s [ edit ]
In 2010, the company acquired 86 locations of the Vancouver, British Columbia–based Canadian Dollar Giant chain and opened its 4,000th chain store. Locations in BC, AB, SK, and ON are responsible for running the retail outlets. Dollar Tree is opening its first stores in countries other than the United States with these locations.
Overall sales for Dollar Tree in 2011 were 63 billion, expanded its distribution center in Savannah, Georgia by 400,000 square feet (37,000 square meters), and opened 278 new stores.
Dollar Tree added 345 new locations in 2012 and had sales of over billion and a market cap of billion by year's end. 13 billion
Dollar Tree promoted a off any purchase on July 28, 2014. Spending $2 billion to acquire the Family Dollar chain's rival. Dollar General submitted a competing bid of on August 18, 2014. Family Dollar's billion in sales The offer was rejected by the Family Dollar board on August 20, 2014, and the company went ahead with its merger with Dollar Tree. 
To appease US regulators looking into its proposed takeover of Family Dollar stores, Dollar Tree announced in January 2015 that it would sell off 300 of its stores. 
So that its billion acquisition by private equity firm Sycamore Partners could be approved, the company announced in June 2015 that it would sell 330 stores to Sycamore Partners. Valued at billion, the acquisition of Family Dollar is a massive deal. 
On the Fortune 500 list of the largest American corporations in terms of revenue in 2018, the company ranked 134. 
Dollar Tree announced in March 2019 that as part of its reposition plan, it would close up to 390 Family Dollar stores and remodel 1,000 others. 
2020s [ edit ]
A Dollar Tree/Family Dollar hybrid store will open for business for the first time in early 2021, the company announced on March 3, 2021. By the year 2020,  Dollar Tree will have opened and operated nearly 50 stores, most of which will be in tiny communities with populations of a few thousand or fewer. 
CEO Michael Witynski announced on September 28, 2021, that some prices will be increasing above $1, potentially to as much as $1, due to increased shipping and labor costs squeezing profit margins. 50 
Dollar Tree announced on November 23, 2021, that it would increase its typical item prices from $1 to $2. 25 as a result of inflation and investor demand for price increases In some cases, Dollar Tree has decided not to raise the prices of their products. More than 2,000 of the retailer's stores will carry the new pricing structure by the end of 2021, and the remainder of its 8,000 stores will follow suit by the beginning of 2022. 
A Method for Conducting Business [ edit ]
Dollar Tree is an example of a super-cheap retailer. It asserts this is possible because its buyers "work extremely hard to find the best bargains out there" and the company has "great control over the tremendous buying power at the dollar price-point."  Its low prices were established primarily to entice economically disadvantaged customers, but it has also found widespread success among immigrant communities. 
Bidding at Family Dollar [ edit ]
Dollar Tree and Family Dollar announced their agreement to merge on July 28, 2014, and the deal was finalized the following day for billion. Purchase of the existing $1 billion in Family Dollar debt brings the total to billion. The sale occurred a month after activist investor and major shareholderCarl Icahn demanded that Family Dollar be put up for sale.   Following the rumored agreement, Dollar General entered the fray and outbid Dollar Tree by . bid of billion on August 18th, 2014 Family Dollar announced on August 20, 2014 that they would not be accepting Dollar General's bid, citing antitrust issues as the primary reason.  Since the beginning of the year, when CEO Howard Levine first detailed concerns about antitrust concerns in the event of a merger with Dollar General, the Family Dollar board has been studying the possible consequences of such a merger. 
Canada [ edit ]
Items at Dollar Tree stores in Canada cost a maximum of $1.50 Canadian. On October 11, 2010, Dollar Tree announced that it would be purchasing Dollar Giant, a Vancouver, British Columbia–based company that had been founded in 2001, for million.  Prior to the purchase, Dollar Giant operated about 85 stores across the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Ontario. About 30% of its stores are located in British Columbia, making it the largest dollar store chain there by a wide margin. Among Canadian dollar store chains, it was the fourth largest. All of Dollar Tree's former Dollar Giant stores are now simply called Dollar Tree. These were the company's first stores outside the United States. The majority of the company's 227 retail outlets are located in Western Canada and Ontario. Despite having its corporate headquarters in Burnaby, Greater Vancouver, Dollar Tree Canada's merchandising team is based out of Mississauga, Ontario. 
Recalls [ edit ]
Many Dollar Tree products have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Salsa jars with broken glass, hot-melt mini glue guns that could short circuit and cause burns (recalled in January 2008), and candle sets that could produce excessive flame (recalled in February 2004) are just some of the products that have been recalled. 
References [ edit ]
- ^ a b c Annual Report (Form 10-K) for Dollar Tree, Inc. for Fiscal Year 2017 sec gov American Securities and Exchange Commission March 2018
- ^ ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-2" target="_blank">cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-0" target="_ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-2" target="_blank">cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-1" target="_blank">blank">a ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-2" target="_blank">cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-1" target="_blank">b ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-2" target="_blank">c ef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-AnnualR2021_2-3" target="_blank">d e For the 2021 fiscal year, Dollar Tree, Inc. has released an annual report. www dollartreeinfo com Tuesday, January 30th, 2021 Retrieved November 25 2021
- ^ Locations of Dollar Tree Stores Retrieved Tuesday, 25 December 2020
- ^ Carolyn Shapiro (August 22nd, 2012). Sunday, Dollar Tree will begin accepting coupons. pilotonline com Date of original archive: July 10, 2021 Retrieved On this day in history, November 25th, 2021
- ^ ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-2" target="_blank">cite_ref-:0_5-0" target="_ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-2" target="_blank">cite_ref-:0_5-1" target="_blank">blank">a ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-2" target="_blank">cite_ref-:0_5-1" target="_blank">b ef="https://en.wikipeef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-3" target="_blank">dia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-2" target="_blank">c ef="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/#cite_ref-:0_5-3" target="_blank">d e Money Tree, Inc. Dollartree com Retrieved April 15, 2014
- ^ Instance: "The Item, 30 April 1989, page 44"
- ^ The Sun-News, May 21, 1989, page 59.
- ^ J. R. Hagerty, James Friday, December 22nd, 2017) Dollar Tree founder Macon Brock "Scoured the Globe for Deals." For the Wall Street Journal Retrieved October 8, 2019
- ^ Jonathan Ment (Feb. 28th, 2002). The Dollar Tree is going to have a store on Ulster Avenue very soon. Freeman's Journal Retrieved May 13, 2020
- ^ (Press Release) Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. Has Finished Acquiring Dollar Express, Inc. Retrieved Friday, November 25 2021
- ^ Distribution Facility Named "Dollar Tree" www dollartree com Retrieved Monday, November 25 2021
- ^ Savannah's exports are soaring. Monthly American City Business Publications Website archived from the original on February 9, 2004 Retrieved November 25 2021
- ^ "Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. Commission File No. 0-25464" (PDF) A Division of the U.S. Government Responsible for Regulating Securities Transactions p 8 Archived (PDF) on the 25th of November, 2021, from the original Retrieved November 25 2021
- ^ Press release: "Dollar Tree Signs Binding Agreement to Acquire Greenbacks" Retrieved On this day in history, November 25th, 2021
- ^ Its distribution center is called the "Dollar Tree." www dollartree com Retrieved Today is November 25th, 2015. 2021
- ^ Dollar Tree DC" means "Dollar Tree Distribution Center." www dollartree com Retrieved November 25 2021
- ^ Dollar Tree Distribution Center www dollartree com Retrieved Thanksgiving Day, November 25 2021
- ^ Dollar Tree's Takeover of Deal$ Stores Is Officially Wrapped Up" (Press Release). Retrieved On this day in history, November 25th, 2021
- ^ "A Case Study of Dollar Tree" dokumen tips Retrieved November 25 2021
- ^ Center for Distribution of Dollar Tree Products www dollartree com Retrieved Sunday, November 25th, 2011 2021
- ^ There has been a "heated race to acquire Family Dollar," and now Dollar General has upped their offer to .95 billion. Profitable Sun 18 August 2014 Archive.org date: August 21, 2014 Retrieved August 19, 2014
- ^ a b Despite Dollar General's .7 billion offer to acquire Family Dollar, the retailer has decided to reject the takeover. The Latest from Charlotte Net Wednesday, August 21, 2014 Retrieved August 22, 2014
- ^ With the acquisition of Family Dollar, Dollar Tree plans to close fewer than 300 stores. Reuters 12 January 2015 The original version was published on January 24, 2015. Retrieved July 1, 2017
- ^ Reuters (29 May 2015) reported that Dollar Tree had agreed to sell 330 Family Dollar stores to Sycamore Partners. Reuters May 29, 2015 Date of original publication: March 3, 2016 Retrieved August 17, 2019
- ^ Tree of Values Fortune Retrieved Wednesday, November 18th, 2015 2018
- ^ Jessica Bursztynsky (March 6, 2019). Up to 390 Family Dollar stores could be shut down by Dollar Tree this year. CNBC Retrieved March 11, 2019
- ^ It's Kimberly Pierceall. Dollar Tree has unveiled a brand-new retail concept and reported $25.5 billion in sales for all of 2017. pilotonline com Retrieved Sunday, November 25th, 2011 2021
- ^ The Kimberly Pierceall Dollar Tree has unveiled a new retail concept and reported $25.5 billion in sales for 2016. An Issue of the Virginia Pilot Retrieved March 4, 2021
- ^ Sarah Nassauer (September 29, 2021) There will be more items priced at more than $1 at Dollar Tree due to rising production costs. Financial Times
- ^ What's in a name? Dollar Tree is now charging $1.25 per item. It's in The Guardian. On November 24th, 2021
- ^ a b Jack Hitt (Aug. 18, 2011) In a nutshell: "The Dollar Store Economy" This morning's New York Times Retrieved November 26 2016
- ^ Frequently Asked Questions about Dollar Tree, Inc. Save A Lot Dollar Store Retrieved on March 24, 2009 from the archived version Retrieved May 17, 2015
- ^ Dollar Tree will acquire Family Dollar to protect against rivals. Reuters July 28, 2014 Website originally posted on July 28, 2014 Retrieved May 17, 2015
- ^ Following the acquisition of Family Dollar, the region surrounding Charlotte will no longer be home to the company's headquarters. charlotteobserver It was originally posted on March 5, 2016, but has since been archived. Retrieved August 17, 2019
- ^ According to Paul Ziobro and Shelley Banjo (2014-07-28). Fighting over low-income consumers drives a bargain at dollar stores. WSJ Retrieved May 17, 2015
- ^ "fdosch13d060614.htm" sec gov Retrieved May 17, 2015
- ^ "fdosch13damd10619ex1.htm" sec gov Retrieved May 17, 2015
- ^ Paul Davidson & Adam Shell According to "Dollar General's .7B offer for Family Dollar," The New York Times Retrieved August 18, 2014
- ^ "Home" A Canadien Dollar Store Retrieved January 9, 2020
- ^ According to a press release titled "Dollar Tree Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Canadian Dollar Giant Stores," Newswire for the Business World On this day in 2010 Retrieved October 3, 2012
- ^ For million, Dollar Tree will acquire the Dollar Giant chain of discount stores. Business Week by Bloomberg Financial Information from Bloomberg L.P., October 11, 2010 A copy of this article that was archived on March 12, 2016 Retrieved October 3, 2012
- ^ It's official: "Dollar Tree Canada!" formerly known as "Dollar Giant Canada." dollartreecanada com Date of original publication: June 16, 2015 Retrieved May 17, 2015
- ^ Please "Get in Touch" with Us! Retrieved January 9, 2020
- ^ Website: Cpsc Recalls Hot Glue Guns (dated September 17, 2008) gov
- ^ Candle Set Recall, cpsc (Archived September 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine) gov
Internet resources [ edit ]
- Site officiel
- Statistics about Dollar Tree's business operations:
What This Book Is About The U S When the markets open at 9:30 a.m. m On regular workdays, that means Monday through Friday, Eastern Time. Typically, trading on Wall Street ends at 4 p. m excluding non-trading days for stocks Pre-market and after-hours trading are also options. When markets are
Calendar for all 12 months of the year at Universal Orlando, including park hours and special events like Halloween Horror Nights, Volcano Bay, and Universal Studios Florida (USF).
Curious as to the last call time for Ross. We got you If you're looking to ring in the year 2023 with some New Year's shopping or just need to pick up some necessities at great prices, the Ross Department Store is the place to go. Ross, one of the largest discount stores in the United States,
If you're anything like us, you've probably found yourself in a bind where you needed food, but weren't sure if your go-to German supermarket was open.